Use it as a Top Light, Cyc Light or as a Key Light w/ Yoke
The original 5K Skypan was such a workhorse in the motion picture industry. Lightweight and powerful, it had a multitude of uses. Lighting green screens and cyc walls or top lighting a set, as well as a key light thru large diffusion frames. Now the new Mole-Richardson 900w Vari-Skypan LED has been unleashed. Drawing a maximum of 8 amps at full power you can power (2) Skypan LEDs on just (1) 20 amp circuit. Your set will run a lot cooler, while saving on electricity. In addition, reduced electrical cabling and requiring less labor, makes the Vari-Skypan an affordable long term lighting solution. Better yet, the 900w Vari-Skypan has adjustable color temperature from 2700K Tungsten to 5600K Daylight. No need to use expensive lighting gels to get the color temp you need, just dial it in with 512 DMX control and onboard control. Need a space light? Just add the optional skirt for soft area lighting.
***Black Skirt (shown in photo) NOT Included - see part 929-70***
- Head(s): Type 9261Y Variable-Color
- Rating: 90-250 VOLTS A.C. 50-60 Hz. 900 Watts, 8 Amps Max. DMX Standby draw <0.5 AMPS
- Light Source: (12) 75 Watt Mole-Richardson Proprietary Color Mixing LEDs. 2700K 97CRI Tungsten & 5600K 95 CRI Daylight
- Switch: 20 AMP thru cord toggle in cable, DMX or Local toggle in trough.
- Fuse: 10 Amp, Slow-Blow, Fuseholder in top cover.
- Dimming: Flicker-Free, Direct DC Dimming On-Board Dimmer 100% - 0% (Minimal Color Shift) True, Linear DMX 100% - 0% (Minimal Color Shift)
- Control: 2 Channel DMX 512 In and Out. Manual DMX Address Selector
- Cooling: Passive-Forced Air
- Construction: Rugged, Sheet Aluminum
- Compliance: RoHS, CE, UL, CSA Pending
- IP Rating: 30
- Finish: Textured Powder Coat Epoxy
- Head Weight: 32lbs/14.5kg
- Reflector: Polished Aluminum, 60 Degree