The Profoto Batpac is a portable "power-in-a bag" unit, the combination of a dedicated inverter and a high capacity battery.
The Batpac gives you power for the Profoto D1 monolights even when shooting far away from any mains socket. First of all it is specially designed for handling sophisticated high power units like Profoto's D1 flashes; but it can be used with previous Profoto Compact units and Acute2 flash generators as well.
The BatPac has advanced safety functions and is very easy to use. It's innovative design delivers power with exceptional stability.
- Safe and reliable: Especially developed to power advanced flash equipment like Profoto D1 monolights, guarantees proper function and eliminates the risk to damage the flashes.
- Versatile: Works with Profoto D1, ComPact and Acute2 flash equipment. But can be used for other electrical devices like chargers, wind machines, refrigerator boxes and constant light sources as well.
- High power: One BatPac can drive up to 4 Profoto D1 (250Ws, 500Ws and 1000Ws), 2 Profoto ComPact (300Ws, 600Ws and 1200Ws) monolights or one Profoto Acute2 (1200Ws or 2400Ws) generator.
- High capacity: Integrated heavy duty battery delivers up to 300 flashes with D1 1000Ws, 600 flashes with D1 500Ws, 1200 flashes with D1 250Ws etc.
- Integrated protective circuits: The BatPac is protected against overcharge, short circuit, high temperature and low input voltage. A ground fault circuit interrupter protects the user and all connected devices.
- Handy & transportable: A robust nylon transport bag is integral part of the BatPac. The carry handle, detachable shoulder strap and stowable harness makes it easy to maneuver the BatPac even if it is in use.
Specifications – BatPac
- Controls over-voltage, over temperature, low power, low battery voltage - preventing damage to the Batpac and connecting flash units
- complies with CE and IEC safety requirementsgives up to 600W continuous power from 2 integrated seperate mains outlets
- compatible with Profoto D1 (all models), Acute2 (all models) and Compact (all models)
- Can be used for any peripheral equipment such as camera chargers, PC, wind machines etc
- charges with the standard Profoto Battery Charger 2A (included)
- Housed in a sturdy and comfortable black nylon bag with shoulder strap and harness
- Max continuous output power: 600 W, power limited output
- Battery type: Sealed lead acid battery 12V, 17Ah
- Nominal battery capacity: 17 Ah
- Maximum input current: 60A
- Output voltage/frequency: 120 VAC ±3%, 60Hz or
230 VAC ±3%, 50 Hz depending on model
- Output wave form: Pure sine wave
- Total harmonic distortion: < 3%
- Idle current consumption: 120 VAC: < 0.6 A
230 VAC: < 0.8 A
- Input voltage range: 10.5 – 16.5 V
- Low voltage alarm: 10.5 V
- Low voltage shutdown: 10 V
- Storage temperature range: -10-50°C
- Operating temperature range: 0-40°C
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 26 x 28 x 37cm incl. bag
- Weight: 25.2 lbs, 11.5 kg, including bag
- Recharging: (from empty battery) 8 hours with the Profoto Battery Charger 2A
- Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter: Yes
- Fuses: ATO® Fuse Fast-Acting Type (2x30A)
(used in “Bat mode”, model light off)
2000Ws (2x D1 1000 or 1x D1 1000 & 2x D1 500 or 4x D1 500): max. 150 flashes
1000Ws (1x D1 1000 or 2x D1 500 or 1x D1 500 & 2x D1 250 or 4x D1 250): max. 300 flashes
500Ws (1x D1 500 or 2x D1 250): max. 600 flashes
250Ws (1x D1 250): max. 1200 flashes
125Ws: max. 2400 flashes
62,5Ws: max. 4800 flashes
31,25Ws: max. 9600 flashes
(max. 1 generator, model light off)
2400Ws: max. 120 flashes
1200Ws: max. 250 flashes
600Ws: max. 500 flashes
300Ws: max. 1000 flashes
150Ws: max. 2000 flashes
75Ws: max. 4000 flashes
37,5Ws: max. 8000 flashes
Recycling times (120V or 230V, mains powered): 2.0-0.2s
Recycling times (120V or 230V, BatPac): 5.0-0.5s
Recycling times (120V or 230V, mains powered): 0.95-0.2s
Recycling times (120V or 230V, BatPac): 2.4-0.35s
Recycling times (120V or 230V, mains powered): 0.65-0.2s
Recycling times (120V or 230V, BatPac): 1.6-0.3s
Recycling times (120V or 230V, mains powered): 3.0-0.2s
Recycling times (120V or 230V, BatPac): 7.5-0.5s
Recycling times (120V or 230V, mains powered): 1.6-0.09s
Recycling times (120V or 230V, BatPac): 4.0-0.3s
All data are to be considered as nominal and Profoto reserves the right make changes without further notice.